Tried a new format of GTD inside Evernote. A single page that has the following sections:
Next Actions Page
- Thing 1
- Home Depot
- Thing 2
- Thrift store
- Thing 3 (or 2 or 1 if they have it)
- Project 001
- Project 002
- Project 003
- Next action completed 1
- Next action completed 55
I’m loving this format. When I catch myself worrying, I mind sweep the worry out of my head into the section above. When I feel a shift from writing down, I indent next actions underneath the projects, for example:
- Project 001: Get Cable Internet into Church
- Call cable company to research whether they will want to come in under ground or from a power pole.
- Figure out the best entry point for ground or pole
- Meet R. and plan out where the modem/router will go.
Then once I feel like I’ve got all the next actions I need for the project, I cut the next actions from the mind sweep, and paste them into Today or This week or Eventually.
On the weekend of 2/25/2018 I was able to burn through 55 next actions. And I’m really back on the wagon!