GTD hit me like a ton of bricks. Modularity bricks that impacted my skull in this order:
- Paperless reference filing with Evernote and a ScanSnap. If you don’t have it, uneedit.
- One idea, one piece of paper.
- Indulge your brain, organize to fit how your brain works.
- Organize, … just enough.
Too much organization and your brain will refuse to use the organization, not enough, and you are hosed.
- Separate functions.
- Processing from doing <== HUGE
- Building infrastructure separate from processing or doing <== HUGER
- Feeling guilty, from building infrastructure, processing, or doing <== Hugest!!!!
bill meade firstname.lastname@example.org (please email me, don’t feel guilty about it! … just do it. Do it now!)